The Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Edition – Information sent to business clients to share what we are learning from our sources. This is information that all business owners should know especially those providing benefit programs to their employees.
Important things regarding our situation
Here are some KEY Things you need to know:
Our situation is very fluid with things changing daily. There are some important things you should know as a business owner. Here is a list of items in this note to you from us.
- Items directly related to Medical and Benefits Plans
- New definition of Furloughed employee who is not laid off or terminated from the local medical carriers
- Sec 125 Flex plans definitions – can employees tweak their contributions?
- Families First Response Act
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – a review of the recent Laws signed by President Trump
- Coverage under the medical plans for COVID-19 testing and care – Must be covered in fully and self-insured medical plans
- CBIZ Full Overview – UPDATE: COVID-19’s Impact on Benefits & Employment – Good 500 foot review of the law and how this situation can impact your benefits program
- Unemployment Programs in MN
- MN Shared Work Program – MN program for unemployment or partial unemployment
- Principle Financial 5 ways for businesses to cope with a coronavirus shutdown – Excellent comments on this COVID 19 situation we are in as business owners
- Property Casualty Information
- AON Property & Coronavirus – Is My Business Covered? ny your PC business coverage – it depends
- Link to my COVID 19 page in this web site.
- Info Specific to the COVID 19 and your health
- Dr Ladd McNamara – No-Fear Sensible Measures to Help Prevent Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection and Stop the Pandemic (Excellent video overview of this pandemic, what it is, how to avoid and deal with it. About 20 mins)
Stay safe. Make plans for keeping your business operating and taking care of your family, employees and clients.
May the Force be with all of us